Serve Your Chapter
Serve on an FNPS Committee
FNPS has standing committees that always need assistance. Contact the committee chair to volunteer:
- The Education Committee produces events and support materials to assist members and the general public in learning about Florida native plants.
- The Science Committee administers the Endowment Grants for research on native plants, provides technical review for FNPS publications such as the Palmetto, and manages the Science Tract at the FNPS Annual Conference.
- The Conservation Committee handles conservation-oriented initiatives and manages the Conservation Grants that are given annually.
- Land Management Partners
- The Land Management Partners committee works with public land managers on land management reviews.
- The Policy Committee tracts political activities that impact upon Florida native plants or their environments, reviews potential issues of regional or precedent-setting impact for relevance to the FNPS mission, and develops policy statement to guide FNPS and chapter involvement in policy issues relating to Florida native plants.
- The Membership Committee supports FNPS members, develops initiatives to support membership growth and retention, develops materials for attracting new members, and works with Administrative Services on the dissemination of membership information to the chapters.
- The Finance Committee develops programs to support the ongoing financial health of FNPS. This includes the Legacy Program.
- The Communications Committee facilitates communications within FNPS and between FNPS and the public.
- The Website Committee is responsible for developing and maintaining the FNPS website and other electronic media such as the FNPS blog, twitter, and facebook.
- Landscape Awards
- The Landscape Awards Committee is responsible for advertising for and reviewing applications for FNPS landscape awards.
- The Conference Committee is responsible for the FNPS Conference. Its chair is the head of the local conference team that is putting on the next FNPS conference.
Be an FNPS Officer
FNPS elects half of the officers annually. If you would like to serve as an officer, please contact the FNPS president at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FNPS always has special projects that require volunteers with special skills. If you have any of these skills, please contact the FNPS Executive Director at email@example.com.