Click on the links in the menu to the left to learn more.
- Native Plant Communities
- Native plants exist naturally in specific habitats. These pages will provide general information and photographs of the major natural communities that support plants in Florida.
- Natives for Your Area
- Get a list of species appropriate for landscaping in your area. You can explore the entire list, identify species that thrive in specific conditions (salt tolerance, water use, etc.), that provide habitat for butterflies and wildlife, and that are native to your particular area. Descriptions and photographs are provided.
- Gardens with Natives
- Find public gardens near your community that have native plants. Most also have non-natives, but this list is restricted to those areas where the natives are labelled. We proudly present gardens that have been constructed specifically to demonstrate the use of natives in the landscape.
- Hot Spots
- Florida is one of the most floristiicly diverse states in the nation. Find the places that are known for their diversity or that provide examples of well managed landscapes characteristic of their regions. Access is highly variable as some of these places are remote or lack trails or vehicular access.
- Interpretive Trails
- Find interpretive trails where you can visit to learn about natives and their habitats. These sites are ones that provide interpretive signs useful to understanding natives in their natural habitats.
- Get a list of readily available books about Florida native plants, Florida native plant communities, and the pollinators and wildlife that they support. The page has handy links for locations where you can purchase the books.
- Downloadable Documents
Here you will find useful resources that you can download including:
- Model native plant ordinance
- Brochures and information sheets for Florida gardeners
- FNPS annual reports
- Selected educational documents including the popular Native Plant Coloring Book
- FNPS plolicy statements
- Sabal Minor
- The Sabal Minor is the bi-monthly newsletter of the Florida Native Plant Society. Download the latest edition or recent past editions here.
- Palmetto Articles
- The Palmetto is the quarterly magazine of the Florida Native Plant Society. Current issues are available to members only. Articles from past issues have been scanned or produced as Adobe Acrobat files. Explore and download here.
- Frequently Asked Questions