The Florida Native Plant Society (FNPS) takes your privacy seriously, seeking to ensure that the information you share with us is treated responsibly and respectfully. This privacy statement informs you of FNPS policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive directly from you and/or users of the FNPS website.
Most FNPS chapters have websites and use social media and bulk email programs such as MailChimp. FNPS requires chapters to manage those sites in a manner consistent with this privacy statement.
By using the website or any of the associated websites listed above (collectively "FNPS Websites") and providing FNPS with personal information, you agree to the terms of this policy.
Collecting personal information
FNPS may collect and use the following kinds of Personal Information:
- Information you provide while conducting business with FNPS or using our FNPS Websites may include, but is not limited to: your name(s), mailing address(es), email address(es), and credit card information.
- Standard information about your use of the FNPS Websites, including: your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, etc.), browser version, the pages on our FNPS Websites you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spend on those pages and other statistics. FNPS uses Google Analytics to collect, monitor, and analyze our FNPS website visitor activity. The FNPS social media sites provide similar but generally more limited information. This information, which does not include personal information such as names or contact information, is used for website management and optimization.
Using Personal Information
FNPS may use your Personal Information to:
- Manage your membership in FNPS
- Provide information that you request
- Send you any products purchased
- Supply services purchased such as event attendance
- Send statements and invoices
- Collect payments.
- Administer the FNPS Websites
- Personalize the FNPS Websites for you
- Send newsletters, EcoAction alerts, announcements, marketing or promotional materials, renewal notices or other information to accomplish the FNPS mission. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from these communications.
FNPS will never sell or distribute your personal information. Where FNPS discloses your personal information to its contractors, each contractor must sign non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements as part of its contract. FNPS, leaders and chapters, for the purposes identified above, are obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, FNPS may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
By providing FNPS with personal information, you agree to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this policy.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Florida Native Plant Society, PO Box 278, Melbourne FL 32902-0278. To opt out of any specific type of emails, you can simply click on the Unsubscribe link, which is in either the header of footer of every bulk email that FNPS sends. To opt out of all bulk emails, contact us at email@example.com.
By using any of the FNPS Websites, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption.
When you click on links on our FNPS Websites, they may direct you away from our FNPS Websites.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at: Florida Native Plant Society, PO Box 278, Melbourne FL 32902-0278.
Last Updated: August 21, 2020