The Mission of the Florida Native Plant Society is to promote the preservation, conservation, and restoration of the native plants and native plant communities of Florida.
● Residents and visitors know about and value Florida’s extraordinary native flora and native plant communities, which are essential to the healthy ecosystems that support wildlife and people.
● Residents and visitors enjoy access to Florida’s native plants in natural environments and human-made landscapes.
● The people of Florida and their elected representatives actively support the Society’s mission, through education, research, advocacy, land stewardship, conservation and restoration.
● The network of managed lands comprising remaining native landscapes is strengthened and managed for the perpetuation of native flora. Native plant populations and communities are considered in future conservation and public land acquisitions, and laws are strengthened to provide protection for rare and endangered native plant populations.
● FNPS is a leader in maintaining and providing reliable science-based information about Florida native plants, plant conservation and restoration.